Blackwater Valley Runners Membership 2016/17
£50 running member – £25 social member – EA Affiliation
£13 £10 (optional)
Membership has moved online! No more filling out paper membership forms, you can join and pay your annual subs right here.
Membership of BVR has a number of benefits:
- Annual subs include a £20 fee for associate membership of Aldershot Cricket Club. This entitles you (and guest) to use the bar facilities whenever the bar is open
- You are entitled to a discount (typically £2) when you enter Association of Running Clubs (ARC) permit events as an ‘attached’ runner
- If you pay £10 (discounted by BVR from £13) to affiliate to England Athletics and become a ‘competing member’, you are entitled to a discount (typically £3) when you enter British Athletics permit events as an ‘attached’ runner and are able to run as BVR . You are also eligible to enter the draw for BVR’s London Marathon place(s) if you have been a member for a year
- You can get a 10% discount from most running shops in the local area
- You can compete in the free monthly MABAC league events
- You can subscribe to receive the free BVR weekly newsletter
UPDATE: UK Athletics (UKA) have changed the rules regarding entering races as part of a club. For many races, you may now only enter ‘Blackwater Valley Runners’ as your ‘club name’ if you are personally a paid up member of UKA. To make the transition to becoming a UKA affiliated runner a little easier on the pocket, BVR will put £3 towards the levy, leaving you to pay the remaining £10. Our standard club fees will remain unaffected, and we hope you will agree that £50 a year for membership of the best running club in the area, especially with the facilities we have, is a bargain.
The cost of a full year’s membership (1st April to 31st March) is currently £50, but this reduces by around £1 per week as the year progresses. You can find out what the current cost of membership is by checking out the online membership page or by asking us on a Wednesday night.
Paying membership fees
Membership fees can be paid:
- Online when you join (all major credit cards accepted)
If you’d like more information on club membership, please use our contact form to get in touch.