Blackwater Valley Runners Membership 2017/18
£50 running member - £25 social member - EA Affiliation
£14 £12 (optional)
Membership of BVR has a number of benefits:
- Membership is now 100% online! No more filling out paper membership forms, you can join and pay your annual subs right here.
- Wednesday night club runs, speed training twice a week and weekend runs.
- Full support from qualified coaches and many experienced runners
- Race discount (typically £2) when you enter Association of Running Clubs (ARC) permit events as an ‘attached’ runner
- 10% discount from most running shops in the local area
- Compete in the free monthly MABAC league events
- Subscribe to receive the free BVR weekly newsletter
- Access to the best closed facebook group for runners in the UK
- Annual subs include a £20 fee for associate membership of Aldershot Cricket Club. This entitles you (and guest) to use the bar facilities whenever the bar is open
Those wishing to affiliate with UK Athletics will also get:
- Subsidised affiliation (normally £14 but you pay £12)
- Race discount (typically £3) when you enter British Athletics permit events as an ‘attached’ runner and are able to run as BVR
- Eligible to enter the draw for BVR’s London Marathon place(s) if you have been a member for a year
Joining part way through the year?
The cost of a full year's membership (1st April to 31st March) is currently £50, but this reduces by 25% every quarter. Here's how it works:
Joining April to June - £50 | Joining July to September - £37.50 | Joining October to December - £25 | Joining January to March - £12.50
A Note About UK Athletics Affiliation
UK Athletics (UKA) have changed the rules regarding entering races as part of a club. For many races, you may now only enter 'Blackwater Valley Runners' as your 'club name' if you are personally a paid up member of UKA. To make the transition to becoming a UKA affiliated runner a little easier on the pocket, BVR will put £2 towards the levy, leaving you to pay the remaining £12. Our standard club fees will remain unaffected, and we hope you will agree that £50 a year for membership of the best running club in the area, especially with the facilities we have, is a bargain.